Become a Member
The Valley Artisans Market (VAM), in Cambridge, New York, is a cooperative gallery offering an eclectic mix of fine art and crafts produced by local and regional artists. VAM has been in existence at its present location in Hubbard Hall (a Victorian Opera house) since 1981. VAM attracts local residents as well as many out-of-town travelers who visit Cambridge year-round.
An artist who is interested in exhibiting as a Member is required to submit actual artwork and a completed application for review by a jury committee of selected current members. Acceptance will be based upon mastery of technique, originality, marketability and appropriateness for Valley Artisans Market.
Members must be available to work 2-3 shifts per month (AM shift -10:00 AM to 1:30PM or PM shift – 1:30 PM to 5:00 PM). New members must undergo training in storekeeping procedures before beginning to work at VAM.
- Shifts are prescheduled quarterly based on artists’ availability.
- Each member will be required to participate on a VAM committee.
- VAM retains a 25% commission on member sales.
- Payment to artists is calculated at the end of each month and checks are mailed to those who have sold work.
- Members receive a 10% discount on all store purchases.
The following items must be delivered to VAM in a clearly labeled protective container:
- A completed application form.
- Five examples of each medium to be juried that is to be offered for sale in VAM.
- A self-addressed stamped business envelope.
- A check made out to Valley Artisans Market for a $20 jury fee.
Note: Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. VAM does not carry insurance for art that is lost or damaged en route or on the premises. Artists are advised to carry their own insurance.
The Jury meets monthly as necessary January through October to review submitted work and applications. Work should be delivered during regular business hours (10:00 AM to 5:00 PM) Tuesday through Saturday. Special arrangement may be made. (Please call VAM prior to delivery to make sure someone is available in the gallery.)
Artists will receive prompt notification of the Jury’s decision. Accepted work should be available to the gallery within one month of acceptance. Details will accompany the reply.